Joyful Affordable Education for Every Child
“We exist to provide excellent quality, holistic education for underprivileged children in India, empowering them to live fulfilling lives as caring and contributing members of their community.”
The Indian government and NGOs are working hard to lift the standard of government and private schools around the country. In our area east of Pune, Gyanankur School provides affordable quality English medium education to those who cannot afford it. Ours is a rare private school that is for families with low incomes.
Denied access to good quality education, most families are unable to even dream of better opportunities for their children, perpetuating a cycle of poverty. Gyanankur was founded to address these challenges.
We believe that:
- every person can blossom when lovingly nurtured
- learning is something to be enjoyed
- quality education is a key to social transformation in India
Our vision is to contribute to a paradigm shift in Indian education, through:
1. Being a beacon school as we develop an on-the-ground model of low-cost quality joyful education
2. Offering teacher training and mentoring to grassroots teachers in innovative approaches – initially in our own school at Kesnand
3. Welcoming children into our school who have missed out on years of education and providing the Grade Skipping program to aid them to both catch up the years they have missed and graduate with good grades in English medium
B. In the future
4. Start a National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Centre to provide alternative forms of education for children in our area who don’t thrive in the usual system
5. Expand to Standard 11 and 12 with pathways to other skills training that are relevant to our students
What Sets Us Apart
Need Based Scholarships
Optimal Class Size
Jouyful Learning Space
Ongoing Teacher Training
Enquiry Based Learning
What We Have Accomplished
Our Beloved Supporters
How people offered their support
See how people have helped advance our mission and where and how we have utilized their valuable donations.
St Mary’s TTC donated books and furniture . . . .
Playground equipment donated by a local housing society
Rotary Club Airport Road